SUNNYVALE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Cequence Safety, the main supplier of Unified Utility Program Interface (API) Coverage, as of late shared main points of its file enlargement all the way through the primary part of FY22 and the appointment of Wei Wang as Leader Monetary Officer (CFO). Cequence Safety’s distinctive strategy to uncovering and combating API threats that can result in fraud and knowledge loss has resulted within the corporate protective $1.3 trillion in belongings amongst Fortune 500 firms and greater than two billion person accounts international.
With over a decade of enjoy within the generation sector at each start-ups and Fortune 500 firms together with Cohesity, Juniper and Ordr, Wang’s addition to the management staff comes at a pivotal time for the corporate because it reports greater enlargement amongst U.S. and global shoppers. In her capability as CFO, Wang will lead Cequence Safety’s monetary technique and processes to empower its subsequent bankruptcy of enlargement inside the API coverage marketplace.
“The API safety marketplace is readily gaining traction, and Cequence Safety is main the rate,” mentioned Wang. “I’m extremely joyful to be becoming a member of the corporate at such a thrilling time and sit up for running with this proficient staff to additional boost up Cequence Safety’s sturdy momentum and top enlargement trajectory.”
Along the appointment of Wang, Cequence Safety accomplished a number of main milestones within the first part of FY22, together with:
- Funding through KPN Ventures: KPN Ventures, the venturing arm of KPN, the Netherlands’ main telecom & ICT corporate, has invested in Cequence Safety as a part of the corporate’s Collection C investment spherical to lend a hand boost up enlargement in Europe, Heart East and Africa (EMEA).
- Greater Buyer Expansion and Consumer Adoption: Cequence Safety grew its buyer base and had extra transactions within the ultimate quarter than within the earlier 3 quarters mixed. New shoppers integrated Telstra, the most important telecom service in Australia; the UK’s main car producer; and the 2 of the highest 3 telecom firms within the U.S. – main Cequence Safety to offer protection to greater than 55% of American citizens.
- Geographic Growth: Following a strategic enlargement funding from KPN, Cequence Safety additional expanded its operations within the EMEA area. Moreover, the corporate grew its headcount through 89% YoY – from 75 staff finishing October 31, 2021 to 142 staff finishing October 31, 2022.
- New Product Inventions: Cequence Safety launched API Spyder, an agentless API assault floor control (ASM) device that gives safety groups with an attacker’s view in their publicly uncovered APIs and sources. With the addition of API Spyder, Cequence Safety now gives probably the most complete, end-to-end answer for all of the API coverage lifecycle in the marketplace.
- Business Popularity and Accolades: Cequence Safety’s Unified API Coverage answer was once named the winner of the “Endeavor CyberSecurity Answer of the Yr” class within the 2022 Cybersecurity Step forward Awards and was once named a finalist within the “API Safety” class within the 2022 CISO Selection Awards.
“APIs have change into the forex of alternate for the entirety we do in as of late’s electronic financial system, which is why it’s severely vital for companies to take a contemporary manner that allows groups to find, locate and protect their APIs,” mentioned Ameya Talwalkar, CEO and Founding father of Cequence Safety. “Wei’s talent set and confirmed observe file of monetary management at firms of quite a lot of sizes will carry a singular viewpoint that may be a super asset as we search to make bigger our international footprint and product choices to fulfill the rising marketplace want in as of late’s digital-first global.”
“Cequence’s API Coverage providing is predicted to supply toughen for KPN’s trade shoppers who want a answer that may scale with their calls for and gives enhanced coverage for his or her packages,” mentioned Sem Alberga, Funding Director at KPN Ventures. “The Cequence platform supplies a complete vary of purposes together with inline reaction mitigation to lend a hand deal with the rising collection of cyber-attacks focused on APIs for web, cellular and IoT apps.”
“APIs have change into the number 1 assault vector in large part because of being inherently insecure and offering direct get right of entry to to vital knowledge. We firstly invested in Cequence as they have got an excellent roster of shoppers, together with many Fortune 500, family manufacturers and two of the 3 greatest Telcos in america, which means that they are able to meet the calls for of the most important and maximum difficult organizations. They’re the one dealer that may duvet the overall API Coverage lifecycle from discovery to detection to protection. It’s the best answer that gives visibility and inline reaction mitigation to assaults on APIs,” mentioned Marcus Bartram, Funding Spouse at Telstra Ventures.
About Cequence Safety
Cequence Safety, the pioneer of Unified API Coverage, is the one answer that unifies API discovery, stock monitoring, chance research and local mitigation with confirmed, real-time risk coverage in opposition to ever-evolving API assaults. Cequence Safety secures greater than 6 billion API calls an afternoon and protects greater than 2 billion person accounts throughout our Fortune 500 shoppers. Our shoppers consider us to offer protection to their APIs and internet packages with probably the greatest and adaptive protection in opposition to on-line fraud, trade good judgment assaults, exploits and unintentional knowledge leakage, which allows them to stay resilient in as of late’s ever-changing trade and risk panorama. Be informed extra at www.cequence.ai.